This is a model of the famed M10 Tank Destroyer. This largely newly-tooled model (only machine gun and clear parts are taken over from existing models) gives it the glorious detail of the larger 1/35 scale. The astonishing success of German armor tactics in 1940 prompted U.S. forces to adopt a doctrine requiring dedicated new tank destroyers to counter them. After going down a few different design routes at the start of the process, they eventually hit upon the highly successful M10 design with well-sloped (if rather thin, to keep the vehicle light and maneuverable) armor plate, and the highly capable 3-inch (76.2mm) gun. Over 4,900 were produced, and took part in Operation Torch (the invasion of N. Africa), as well as fighting in Italy and the advance upon Germany that would bring the exhausting conflict to a close.
- 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 196mm, width: 88mm.
- Intensive study and measurement of the M10 in the tank museum at Saumur led to this highly detailed depiction of its form complete with sloped armor, right down to auxiliary armor bosses.
- The open top on the distinctive turret allows viewing of the 3-inch gun breech and realistic interior.
- Compare and contrast depictions of surface textures such as the cast mantlet and differential cover versus the welded armor plate of the turret sides and upper hull.
Belt-type parts recreate T51 tracks.
- Driver's hatch can be attached in open or closed position, and features periscope depiction.
- Comes with 3 figures (commander, loader, gunner) in realistic pose, plus 2 marking options for recreating M10s belonging to the 601st and 634th U.S. Tank Destroyer Battalions
Packaging Dimensions: Length:35cm Height:20cm Width:7cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.