Tamiya Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco Grand Prix Racing Car Model Kit 12054 Scale 1:12
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 12054
- Scale: 1/12
- Type: Racing Car
- Material: Plastic
- Model: Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco Grand Prix
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Blue
- Country of Origin: Phillipines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Height: 7 cm
- Product Length: 34.5 cm
- Product Width: 17 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Product Theme: Transportation
- Year Released: 2022
- Weight: 0.88 Kg
The Tyrrell team made their Formula One bow in 1968 using the Matra Ford and quickly achieved excellent results, with a drivers' championship for Jackie Stewart the next season.
From the 11th race of 1970 in Canada, the team debuted the in-house designed 001, which paved the way for the 003 and 002 cars piloted in 1971 by Stewart and François Cevert respectively. While a unique integrated front wing and nose with radiator just below caught the eye, the 003 utilized an otherwise orthodox, reliable setup. Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season's drivers' and constructors' titles. Now, the car is immortalized in Tamiya 1/12 scale.
- The model realistically captures the T-shaped, flat nose cowling - called "hammer head" - of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
- Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed even after assembly. (Includes stand to put these removed parts)
- Front and rear suspension employs coil springs.
- Exquisite rendering of DFV engine realistically recreates pipes and wiring.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict radiator, wing end plates, seatbelt buckle parts and more.
- Comes with high-quality Cartograf decals.
- Completed Model Length: 34.5cm
- Completed Model Width: 17cm
- Completed Model Height: 7cm
- Model Scale: 1:12
- 1 x Model Kit Sprues - Unassembled
- 1 x Metal Parts
- 1 x Photo Etched Parts
- 1 x Cartograf Decal Sheet
- 1 x Instructions
Paints, Adhesive and Paintbrushes are NOT Included. These are sold seperately.
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should always be done under adult supervision.
WWSM Says: -
- New Tamiya Model Kit for 2022
- Racing Car Model Kit
Packaging Dimensions: Length:48cm Height:29cm Width:7cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
New Products in New Model Kits 2022
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.