Tamiya Suzuki RGV-1 XR89 (Scale 1:12)
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 14081
- Scale: 1/12
- Type: Motorcycle
- Material: Plastic
- Model: Suzuki
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Height: 9.3 cm
- Product Length: 16.8 cm
- Product Width: 5.2 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 0.35 Kg
The opening round of the 500cc class 1999 World Road Race Championships was set ablaze in the heat of the Malaysian GP. Although it was Team Honda that was said to have the advantage in the opening race of the season, they would be denied victory by young rider, Kenny Roberts, Jr. and the rest of the Suzuki team.
New to the Suzuki team, Roberts, Jr. secured a third place finish in the qualifying round before burning rubber to a victory which surprised everyone, especially Team Honda. Proving his triumph was no fluke, Roberts, Jr. went on to win the second round too, this time on the rain soaked course of the Japan GP. On his way to the checkered flag in Japan, Roberts, Jr. was also successful in beating out five year champion Honda NSR rider, Michael Doohan.
- The 1999 version of the RGV-Gamma is known as the XR89.
- It's development centered on creating greater overall balance to unlock its maneuverability and cornering speed.
- The V-type 4-cylinder engine of XR89 model is cradled by a lightweight, aluminum twin-tube frame.
- The potential of the RGV-Gamma was more than proved by Roberts, Jr., who mounted the victory podium eight times in 1999, securing a very respectable overall season ranking of second place.
This kit is reproduced with the cooperation of SUZUKI.
Model Features: -
- 1/12 scale assembly model kit based on the Suzuki RGV-Gamma (XR89).
- Dimensions: Overall length: 168mm, overall width: 52mm, overall height: 93mm.
- Model features one-piece upper cowl constructed with the latest in slide-moulding technology.
- All cowling and gas tank can be removed even after assembly, revealing the intricate under structure of this sophisticated recreation.
- 2-cycle V4 engine features detailed exhaust valve, clutch, air-cleaner, and other parts.
- Rear suspension uses metal coil spring and is attached to frame with nuts.
- Decals have been included for drivers Roberts, Jr., Aoki, and Kagayama.
- Solid rubber used for authentic slick racing tyres.
Packaging Dimensions: Length: 35 cm Height: 20 cm Width: 6 cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.