Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen V Panther Sd.kfz.171 Ausf.A Model Kit Scale 1:35
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 35065
- Scale: 1/35
- Type: Tank
- Material: Plastic
- Model: Panzerkampfwagen V Panther
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Length: 25.6 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Product Theme: Militaria
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 0.331 Kg
In the beginning of 1942, in order to fight against the T-34, the German military ordered a new tank from Dymler-Benz and M.A.N. companies.
The Tank was ordered with the following real world specifications:
- Weight- 35 tons
- Speed- 60 km/h
- Armament 75mm long gun
- Armour: 60mm thick in front hull, 35mm thick in the rear and 100 mm at the front of the gun turret.
Also, it was specified that the tank be equipped with a Maiback HL210, water-cooled, V-type 12 cylinder engine. In May of the same year, M.A.N.'s model was chosen without waiting for completion of a prototype tank. However, there were 2 important modifications. First, in order to meet the military's demand, considerably more than the original 35 ton weight was needed. Second, the military ordered a change in the thickness of the frontal armour from 60mm to 80mm.
Because of these changes, the engine type had to be chanded from HL210 to HL230. Then, in order to accommodate this engine, a much better gear was needed, but mass production began without this last change, which resulted in frequent gear malfunctions and related trouble. This became the Panther's greatest defect. In the same year, Dymler-Benz and Henschel were ordered to produce the Panther. Therefore, production was greatly increased and a total of 6283 Panther Tanks were produced, second only to P2KW-4 in number.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit depicting the Ausf.A variant of the renowned Panther tank fielded in late WWII.
- From the sloper armor to the complex suspension, the form is recreated in style.
- Features moving hatches, plus plenty of accessories such as spare track links, tow cables, tools and more.
- Kit includes a full body commander figure and a driver torso.
- Completed Model Length: 256mm
- Model Scale: 1:35
Packaging Dimensions: Length:35cm Height:20cm Width:5cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.