Because of its many advanced and innovative features, the World War II German Panzerkampfwagen V, known as the "Panther" tank, is still considered by many ordnance experts as a weaponry masterpiece.
- The development of the Panther came about due to the successes generated by the Russian T-34, which has become a serious threat to the German forces during the mid part of the conflict.
- Mass production of the Panther began during the spring of 1943, and with its sophisticated mechanics and powerful Type 42 L70, 70mm main gun, the Panther tank demonstrated its formidable strength during front line action shortly after its introduction.
- Several improvements were suggested following its initial employment, resulting in the Panther Type G, which began to appear in spring 1944.
- Major improvements consisted of additional side armour slope angles and simplified assembly refinements for mass production.
- The powerplant of the Type G Panther was a Maybach HL230-P30, V-12 cylinder, watercooled engine producing 700 horsepower.
- This powerplant was mated to an improved transmission in order to eliminate gear malfuntions found on earliar models.
- An innovative torsion bar suspension system and compound roadwheels enabled superb off road running ability.
- Major contractors MAN, Daimler-Benz, and MNH all tooled-up to manufacture the Panther Type G version during the latter part of the war, and these three produced 3,740 out of a total of 6,000 units produced by all firms.
Packaging Dimensions: Length: 38 cm Height: 25 cm Width: 6 cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.