Tamiya North American F-51D Mustang Korean War Military Plane Model Kit (Scale 1:32)
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 60328
- Scale: 1/32
- Type: Aircraft
- Model: North American F-51D Mustang
- AGE: 14+
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Sub Type: Kit
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 1.08 Kg
- Discontinued: This Product is Currently Discontinued from our range
Product Information (Discontinued)
Considered by many the most capable WWII Fighter aircraft, the Mustang was also active in the Korean War, and this model creates one such F-51D.
Renamed from the P-51D to the F-51D to go along with the creation of the US Air Force, the Mustang seemed set for gradual retirement as the jet aircraft took center stage. With the outbreak of hostilities on the Korean peninsula, however, that all changed. United Nations forces were hard pushed in the early stages of the war, and USAF P-80s were unable to land in areas where there were frequently no proper runways. The F-51D stepped in and performed admirably in a ground attack role as the United Nations forces pushed back.
- The six wing machine guns feature individual parts for ammunition belts.
- Underbelly radiators have depictions of interior structure. Radiator and oil cooler flaps are moving parts.
- Choose whether to display the kit in flight or parked (can be changed after assembly), with dedicated landing gear parts included. The tail wheel is attached with a magnet.
- Moving ailerons, rudders and elevators use metal shafts and photo-etched parts. Flaps are also movable with the use of poly caps.
- Magnet-attached engine cowls are molded in appropriately thin plastic.
- Features a 16-page full color A5-size booklet packed with information, and a dedicated four-language cover story.
- Parts included for six 5-inch HVAR rockets.
- Wider paddle blade propeller is accurately recreated.
- Features a choice of SCR-522 transceiver with BC-453B receiver, and new AN/ARC-3 transceiver set. Each has dedicated cockpit parts.
- New parts depict slitted fuselage side radiator access panel.
- Seated and standing pilot figures. The former uses new head parts featuring the P-1A helmet used in the Korean war.
- Comes with three marking options (two U.S. and one Korean)
- Completed Model Length: 30.8cm
- Completed Model Wingspan: 35.4cm
- Model Scale: 1:32
Does NOT Include Paints, Glue or Brush.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:48cm Height:29.5cm Width:10cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should be done under adult supervision.
New Products in Military Aircraft Pre 1945 Pre-1945 Military Aircraft Model Kits
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.