Of the many variables that take place during any conflict, supply and mobility are the most pressing. Germany realized this fact very early in World War 2 and demonstrated use of support vehicles during their early "Blitzkriegs". They had developed a great number of vehicles for differing purposes, and a very successful on was the Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track.
This semi-tracked vehicle became the centerpiece of their mechanized corps throughout the conflict. Production began in 1939, and the series is broken down into four types, from Ausf.A to D. according to the differences in design and its production period.
Early models used a very complicated hull construction, made up of obliquely placed armor plating. This was somewhat simplified in the C and D types, to make mass production easier. The final "D" version appeared in 1943, and it became the most widely used model of the four versions.
Model Features: -
- The features of the distinctively styled Ausf.D which includes the open top cabin, seats, and wireless radio have been realistically reproduced in great detail.
- The rear gate can also be depicted in either open or closed position.
- Included with the Ausf.D are 4 figures in dynamic poses such as the driver looking back from the driver's seat as well as the commander showing the direction of the enemy.
- In addition, weapons such as a Panzerfaust and MG42 machine gun are included with the kit for added realism.
- Highly detailed static display model
- Accurately reproduced crew compartment
- Realistic Flexible Plastic Tracks
- Includes Figures
- Length 17.3 cm
Product does not include paints or adhesive, these are sold seperately.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:38.5cm Height:24.5cm Width:6cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Adult supervision is required at all times.
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.