Tamiya Lockheed P 38 J Lightning Military Aircraft Model Kit Scale 1:48
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 61123
- Scale: 1/48
- Type: Aircraft
- Material: Plastic
- Model: Lockheed P-38 J Lightning 61123
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Grey
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Length: 24 cm
- Product Width: 33 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Year Released: 2022
- Weight: 0.68 Kg
Our legendary 1/48 Aircraft Series welcomes the J variant of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning!
Our first P-38 kit, released in late 2019, came in the form of the F/G variant, and it quickly became the definitive P-38 kit of the modeling world.
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was an American twin engine fighter aircraft produced by Lockheed; it was the first Lockheed fighter aircraft which was officially adopted into service. The P-38's variants were used during World War II and they reached about 10,000 production planes.
Equipped with intercoolers under engines, the P-38J Lightning yielded 1,450hp at high altitude and maximum 1,600hp, plus longer-range courtesy of fuel tanks in its wingtip leading edges in addition to the main fuel tank. As a result, the P-38J offered stable and astonishing performance at any altitude, and gained great renown among American fighter aircraft.
- The unique form (twin-engine, twin-tailplane) with radiator fairing and larger engine cowlings of the P-38J (late P-38) is accurately captured.
- Features realistic renderings of air ducts connecting intercoolers to oil coolers.
- New-shape turbo superchargers are realistically depicted.
- The first canopy with the flat front glass and 2-part third canopy are authentically recreated.
- The second canopy can be depicted open or closed. A 1-part slide-molded piece succinctly and realistically depicts closed canopy, and the three parts including vertically openable upper hatch recreates the opened canopy.
- New parts are added to depict wingtip leading edges which have detailed refueling ports.
- The steering wheel is replaced by a gun-grip type stick.
- Completed Model Length: 24cm
- Completed Model Wingspan: 33cm
- Model Scale: 1:48
- 1 x Model Kit Sprues - Unassembled
- 1 x Decal Sheet
- 1 x Instructions
Paints, Adhesive and Paintbrushes are NOT Included. These are sold seperately.
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should always be done under adult supervision.
WWSM Says: -
- New Tamiya Model Kit for 2022
- A detailed cockpit features separate side walls with the throttle box and radio while the Lynn-3 gunsight, radio at the back of cockpit and more are also depicted.
- Nose landing gear has updated fork and main landing gear has reinforced upper rotating struts.
- The spar part (combined with the nose landing gear bay) is inserted into wing, which ensures an accurate dihedral angle.
- Contains parts to recreate two each of 150- and 300-gallon drop tanks.
- Weights for nose and right, left engine cowlings are included in the kit to ensure correct balance of the model when displayed.
- Comes with three marking options, including the "Marge" P-38J which the US ace pilot, Richard Ira Bong flew.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:38cm Height:24.5cm Width:8cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.