In February 1936, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche presented his first prototype of the "People's Car", which was to be the base of the Volkswagen "Beetle".
However, with the outbreak of WWII, all manufacture of the Volkswagen was immediately turned to military production. In January 1938, German Defense Forces presented specifications for a military version of this practical vehicle.
In November of that same year, a prototype was completed and it was officially designated Pkw. K1 "Kubelwagen" Type 82. The vehicle used a light but sturdy monocoque construction with foldable canvas top. With its reliable engine and heavy duty suspension, the Kubelwagen immediately came to be used by every unit, from the scorching desert of Africa to the frozen Russian Eastern Front.
About 51,000 Kubelwagens, including several variations, were rolled out from the factory by the end of WWII.
- Plastic assembly kit of the German Kubelwagen Type 82.
- Perfect for people who want to create realistic dioramas with their 1/48 scale planes.
- Every characteristic of a late production Kubelwagen such as short rear fenders has been reproduced.
- The interior has been replicated down to the finest detail.
- Front doors come as separate parts and can be attached in opened or closed position.
- Set includes 2 figures in standing position, one holding a map and the other giving instructions just before flight.
- Model Scale: 1:48
- Completed Model Length: 79mm
Paints, Adhesive & paintbrushes NOT Included, these are sold seperately.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:26cm Height:15.5cm Width:3cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should always be done under adult supervision.
New Products in Military Vehicles
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.