1:35 scale plastic model assembly kit of the German King Tiger Porsche Turret.
During World War II, the German tank that was designated the Panzerkampfwagen VI-B Tiger II, or more commonly known as the "King Tiger" was a much feared weapon by Allied Forces, because of its powerful 88mm main gun and thick armor plate.
Germany began development of this tank in February 1943, in order to counter the increasing threat of Russian tanks. During its development stage, both the Henschel and Porsche firms introduced rival prototypes that incorporated different turret configurations.
- The Porsche designed turret had a very distinctive shape, with a rounded front section and narrow shell, when compared to the rather angular Henschel offering.
- The turret frontal section armor was 100mm thick and 80mm for the side panels, and it mounted the Type 43 L71 88mm high velocity main gun.
- Power for this massive tank was from a Maybach HL230 P30 V-12 cylinder, liquid cooled engine developing 700 hp.
- Porsche had produced 50 turrets for their version of the tank prior to the official adoption of the Henschel model for mass production. Evaluation had revealed that the Porsche turret lacked armor thickness, and required complex tooling due to its rounded contour sculpturing.
- However, the superior performance of the tank allowed the completed Porsche turrets to be deployed to the front.
- When combined with the Henschel turret version, a total of less than 500 King Tiger tanks were ever available for combat.
PAINTS AND GLUE NOT INCLUDED.
Packaging Dimensions: Length: 38 cm Height: 24 cm Width: 6 cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Adult supervision is required at all times.
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.