Tamiya German FAMO & Sd.Ah.116 Half-Track+ Tank Transporter Model Kit Scale 1:35
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 35246
- Scale: 1/35
- Type: Truck
- Material: Plastic
- Model: FAMO & Sd.Ah.116 Half-Track & Tank Transporter
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Height: 29 cm
- Product Length: 48 cm
- Product Width: 10 cm
- Product Theme: Transportation
- Year Released: 2019
- Weight: 1.193 Kg
Including all variations, over 2500 18ton half-tracks were produced by the end of the WWII.
One of the major types was the tank recovery half-track, which was a mighty towing vehicle equipped with two rows of seats and a flatbed in back for the storage of equipment such as a draw-bar and spare wire rope.
Tool storage compartments were found on each of the outer sides of the flatbed. In addition, the underside of a vehicle was equipped with a winch. Its powerplant was a Maybach HL 108 12-cylinder engine, which put out 270hp. Tank transporting was conducted by either direct towing with a draw bar, or by loading the tank atop a massive trailer.
Officially known as "Sd.Ah.116", the Type 116 Trailer connected with the 18ton heavy half track, which allowed for the transportation of 22-23 ton class tanks such as the Pz.Kpfw.III, Pz.Kpfw.IV and other heavy artillery.
The trailer of the Tank Transporter Sd.Ah.116 was suspended between two bogies, the rear of which was equipped with a separate steering mechanism. This model offers a great insight into the construction and operation of German's giant beast-of-burden.
- After the impressive debut of the FAMO kit, Tamiya began to receive many requests for variations. Among the several types of FAMO to appear during WWII, the most frequently requested was the Sd.Ah.116 trailer-towing version.
- Stretching over 640mm, Tamiya's new beast-of-burden is 50mm longer than the Dragon Wagon and is the longest kit in the MM series.
- The massive trailer unit consists of both the front and the rear wheeled pieces on either ends of the long platform piece.
- Real rubber tires for heightened realism.
- This kit features ample metal and metal plated parts for various accessory pieces such as a chain for fixing the tank in tow to the platform.
- This kit brings back the eight figures of four poses included in the original "FAMO" kit, plus four all new figures of three poses acting out a tank loading scene at the rear of the trailer.
WWSM Says: -
Product does not include paints or adhesive, these are sold seperately.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:48cm Height:29cm Width:10cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Adult supervision is required at all times.
About the Brand Tamiya
Tamiya are a Japanese manufacturer of plastic model kits and remote control vehicles. Specialising in 1/35 Military and Scaled Figures, Aircraft, Helicopters, Ships, Cars and Motorbikes. We stock the complete range of Hobby Kits, Paints, Tools and Accessories for both beginner and experienced Modellers.
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.