Tamiya Elefant German WWII Tank Destroyer Plastic Model Kit (Scale 1:48)
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 32589
- Scale: 1/48
- Type: Tank
- Material: Plastic
- Model: Elefant
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Length: 17.2 cm
- Product Width: 7.1 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 0.31 Kg
- Discontinued: This Product is Currently Discontinued from our range
Product Information (Discontinued)
This is a 1/48 scale assembly model of the German Heavy Tank Destroyer Elephant.
The newly tooled 1/48 Elefant has extensive detail, even at this smaller scale, thanks to the extensive research conducted by Tamiya's designers to make the 1/35 scale rendition.
The development of the full-size Elefant is an interesting case study in weapons development. Its chassis was developed by Porsche in the design competition for the Tiger I, but while Porsche was sure enough of its success to ready 100 examples of the chassis before the end of the competition, the design was not chosen. The "left over" chassis were turned into the Elefant on the orders of Hitler in 1942 - some 90 examples were built by May 1943. With armor plates, up to 200mm thick and a powerful long-caliber 8.8cm gun, it was a formidable piece of equipment, and served German troops until the end of WWII.
- The form of the Elefant is captured in detailed 1/48 scale, including depictions of the 8.8cm Pak 43 L/71 gun.
- The large, boxy superstructure is authentically recreated, right down to its parts breakdown, which is based upon the jigsaw type plate joints of that on the real thing.
- Assembly type tracks use single-piece straight sections.
- Weights are included for installation in the hull, giving the model an authentically heavy feel.
- Includes 1 marking option recreating a 653rd Heavy Anti-Tank Battalion Elefant on the Italian Front, 1944.
- Model Scale: 1:48
- Completed Model Length: 172mm
- Completed Model Width: 71mm
- Includes 1 figure to depict a commander in the cupola surveying the scene in front of him.
- Includes Metal Weights to simulate a weighy feel when picked up
Paints, Adhesive & paintbrushes NOT Included, these are sold seperately.
Packaging Dimensions: Length:29cm Height:19cm Width:6cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should always be done under adult supervision.
New Products in Tanks Pre 1945 Pre-1945 Tank Model Kits
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.