The de Havilland "Mosquito" made of wood was designed based on "high-speed bomber shaking off fighter". The design of the Mosquito was gotten into shape in 1939. Two of Rolls Merlin engines were selected as the source of power and the wood was used as the material of this fuselage. The parts with the metal were only the parts of the periphery of the engine and the landing gear. At the first time, the Air Ministry was passive adopting the Mosquito because of wooden and no machine guns.
- However the Mosquito made a maiden flight with the maximum speed of 630km when the "Spitfire" had the maximum speed of 580km at those time. Therefore a lot of "Mosquito" were suddenly requested.
- After many types of the Mosquito were produced, Night-Fighter Mk. II armed with 7.7mm machine guns on its nose and A.I.Mk.IV radar made an appearance.
- This Mosquito brought its ability into full play in attacking an airfield and intercepting raiding bombers.
- Also Fighting-Bomber Mk.VI armed with four of 225kg bombs and eight of rocket bombs was arranged as the actual fighting in Mar. 1943.
- This type played havoc with the land forces, the battleships and the U-boat.
Model Dimensions:- Length 205mm
Packaging Dimensions: Length:35cm Height:20cm Width:7cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
New Products in Military Aircraft Pre 1945 Pre-1945 Military Aircraft Model Kits
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.