Tamiya presents the British Challenger 2 MBT to the Military Miniature Series, further adding to the 1/35 scale MM Iraq series of models.
Compared to the Challenger 1 MBT that saw service during the Gulf War, the Challenger 2 features improved second generation Chobham armor capable of withstanding armor piercing and shape charge rounds. The fire control system was updated with the latest digital technology, including a panoramic Commander"s sight with built-in laser rangefinder and a thermal gunner"s sight.
The 120mm L30 rifled main gun provides improved muzzle velocity and accuracy, and enables the Challenger 2 to discharge armor piercing, HESH, smoke and
depleted uranium rounds. Special modifications to tanks deployed to Iraq included reactive armor added to the front, composite armor on the sides, a special cover to reduce exhaust heat, canvas skirts to reduce dust ingestion, Commander"s Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) and Combat Identification Panels (CIP).
- Accurate replication of Challenger 2 tank including new turret and 120mm 55 caliber smoothbore main gun.
- Moveable parts include main gun and CITV.
- Features new accurately replicated tracks and wheels.
- CITV and gunner's sight lens cover can be assembled opened or closed.
- Transparent parts used to replicate gun sight lens, headlights, tail lights and rotating light.
- Commander and loader half-body figures and 3 sets of markings included with kit.
- Accessories to accurately replicate Iraq version including canvas skirts and CIP included.
- Completed Model Length: 334mm
- Completed Model Width: 115mm
- Model Scale: 1:48
- 1 x Unassembled Model Kit Sprues
- 1 x Metal Weight
- 1 x Assembly Instructions
- 1 x Decal Sheet
Paints, Adhesive and Paintbrushes are NOT Included. These are sold seperately.
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model making should always be done under adult supervision.
WWSM Says: -
Great to build and compare with previously released British MBT including the Centurion (89555), Chieftain (35068) and Challenger 1 (35154) or other vehicles active in Iraq such as the U.S. M1A2 Abrams (35269).
- Tamiya 1/48 Scale Tank Model Kit
- 1/48 Military Miniature Series No. 101
Packaging Dimensions: Length:29cm Height:19cm Width:6cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm