Tamiya British Light Utility Car 10HP Military Vehicle Scale 1:35
- Brand: Tamiya
- MPN: 35308
- Scale: 1/35
- Type: Military Vehicle
- Material: Plastic
- Model: British Light Utility Car 35308
- AGE: 14+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Height: 11.2 cm
- Product Width: 4.6 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Year Released: 2022
British forces used passenger car chassis, during WWII, as the basis for pick-up style military vehicles. Officially identified as a "Light Utility Car" soldiers called them affectionately by the nickname "Tilly". The vehicle was equipped with a 30hp engine and rear wheel-drive. However, the car did not have sufficient off-road abilities and was soon replaced by 4WD vehicles. As a result, the "Tilly" was used in airbases for liaisons and in other paved areas. The vehicle served in the Dunkirk evacuation, North African and Italian fronts, and Europe from the Normandy invasion on.
Model Kit Specifications:-
- 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit model of the British Light Utility Car 10HP.
- Length: 112mm, Width: 46mm.
- The compact and classic form of the car has been richly reproduced based on a detailed study of the actual car.
- The engine bay features an engine and other components.
- Dashboard and seats feature realistic surface texture.
- Separately moulded front doors enhance realism.
- You can depict the tailgate and rear flap in open or closed positions.
- Suspension also features realistic details.
- 1 Driver Figure and 4 types of markings included.
Engine Bay includes detailed engine and other components. Engine hood can be opened to showcase internal mechanisms after assembly.
The car's undercarriage also has rich finish. The drive shaft which connects engine and rear wheels is molded with rear suspension.
Tailgate and rear flap can be depicted in either open or closed positions. 2 kinds of parts to depict steel and wooden tailgates are included.
Packaging Dimensions: Length: 29 cm Height: 19 cm Width: 5 cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
WWSM Says: -
Tilly provided Expert Battlefield Support
- During WWII, the British military commissioned various types of civilian pick-up trucks into military service.
- These "Light Utility Cars" regardless of the make, brand, and year of production were all pressed into service and were affectionately called "Tilly" by British personnel.
- The average "Light Utility Car" was powered by a 30hp engine and could be seen at various fronts.
- In the latter half of WWII, other vehicles took over frontline responsibilities, but it continued to roll along until the end of the Great War supporting the Allied forces in various roles at airfields and in communication use.
New Products in Military Vehicles
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.