Revell B-17G Flying Fortress Bomber Model Kit 04283 Scale 1:72
- Brand: Revell
- MPN: 04283
- Scale: 1/72
- Type: Aircraft
- Material: Plastic
- Model: B-17G Flying Fortress
- AGE: 13+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: Poland
- Product Features: Not Painted
- Product Length: 32.1 cm
- Product Width: 44 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Product Theme: Militaria
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 0.68 Kg
The B-17 Flying Fortress is the best-known American bomber of World War II.
Heavy losses in 1943, when a total of 120 bombers was shot down, lead to the conclusion that previous B-17 versions carried insufficient defensive armament. As a consequence, the front lower nose of the B-17G was equipped with a turret carrying two 12.7 mm machine guns, providing an effective defense against the feared frontal attacks.
This B-17G-35-VE 42-97880 Little Miss Mischief was delivered on 23 March 1944 and served from 15 June 1944 till 4 April 1945 with the 91st Bomb Group, 324th Bomb Squadron in Bassingbourn, England and having flown 75 operational missions.
- Detailed surface structure with engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with side consoles and instrument panel
- Separate seats
- Complete bomb bay with bomb racks
- 4 bombs
- Rotating chin turret
- Bomb aiming equipment with seat in nose
- Detailed radio/navigation compartment with radio boxes
- Side windows options for machine guns
- Rotating ball turret,- Detailed upper machine gun turret
- Optional clear parts for front, cockpit and central upper machine gun positions
- 2 optional tail machine gun positions
- Separate tail fin
- Wings can be built with landing flaps lowered
- Cooling gills ring can be built open or closed
- Turbosupercharger imitation
- Separate air intake ducts
- Separate elevator and rudder
- Detailed undercarriage
Includes Transfers for 2 USAAF versions:
- B-17G-35-VE, serial 42-97880, DF-F, Little Miss Mischief , 8th Air Force, 1st Air Division, 1st Combat Wing, 91st Bomb Group, 324rd Bomb Squadron, Bassingbourn, UK, Feb. 1945
- B-17G-35-BO, serial 42-31909, Nine O Nine 8th Air Force, 1st Air Division, 1st Combat Wing, 91st Bomb Group, 323rd Bomb Squadron, Bassingbourn, UK, April 1945
- Number of Parts: 237
- Model Scale: 1:72
- Completed Model Length: 32.1cm
- Completed Model Wingspan: 44cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 13+. Model making should always be done under adult supervision.
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.