The variable-sweep fighter-bomber Mikoyan-Gurevich Mig-27 (NATO designation Flogger D).
It was developed by the Soviet aviation industry from the airframe of the Mig-23 fighter to make it more operationally effective, in both ground attack and close support roles. The aerodynamic layout was essentially that of the Mig-23 fighter but with a different nose configuration.
To better meet the new role assigned to the aircraft, the on-board avionics were upgraded with new electronic counter measure systems and radar equipment for detecting, acquiring and 'painting' ground targets.
The offensive armaments were further upgraded with the adoption of a new, more powerful 6-barrel 30 mm cannon than that of the Mig-23, and the option of carrying an offensive load up to 4,000kg, which included the new air-to-surface missiles.
- Original Moulds from ESCI
- Super Decal Sheet for 4 Versions
- Colour instruction sheet
- Completed Model Length: 35cm
- Model Scale: 1:48
- 1 x MiG 27 Model Kit Sprues
- 1 x Decal Sheet
- 1 x Instructions
Paints, Adhesive and Paintbrushes are NOT Included.
Recommended Paint Colours (Italeri Acrylic Colour Numbers):
- 11302 - G Red 4605AP
- 14090 - G Green 4669AP
- 30219 - F Light Brown 4305AP
- 34083 - F Russian Armor Green 4807AP
- 36270 - F Medium Gray 4765AP
- 36300 - F Light Ghost Gray 4762AP
- 36495 - F Light Gray 4765AP
- 37038 - F Black 4768AP
- 37178 - MF Aluminium 4677AP
- 37200 - MF Gun Metal 4681AP
- 37875 - F White 4769AP
Packaging Dimensions: Length:37cm Height:24cm Width:5.5cm All measurements are approximates to the nearest 0.5cm
Safety Information: Suitable for ages 14+. Model Making should always be done under adult supervision.