Airfix R.M.S. Titanic Ship Model Kit Scale 1/400
- Brand: Airfix
- MPN: A50146A
- Scale: 1/400
- Type: Boats & Ships
- Material: Plastic
- Model: R.M.S. Titanic
- AGE: 8+
- Colour: Multicoloured
- Country of Origin: India
- Product Features: Requires Painting
- Product Length: 67 cm
- Product Width: 18 cm
- Sub Type: Kit
- Product Theme: Transportation
- Year Released: 2021
- Weight: 1.472 Kg
This product for sale is the Airfix R.M.S. Titanic Ship Plastic Model Kit Scale 1/400. WWSM includes FREE Delivery to ALL UK destinations for these model kit products.
The RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner operated by the White Star Line, famous for its tragic sinking on its maiden voyage in April 1912. The Titanic was, at the time, the largest and most luxurious ocean liner in the world.
- Construction and Features: Built in Belfast, Northern Ireland, by Harland and Wolff, the Titanic was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners. She was a marvel of early 20th-century shipbuilding, featuring advanced safety features, luxurious accommodations, and the latest technology.
- Maiden Voyage: The Titanic set sail on her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City on 10 April 1912, under the command of Captain Edward J. Smith. The ship carried some of the world's wealthiest people and hundreds of emigrants from Europe seeking a new life in the United States.
- The Sinking: On the night of 14 April 1912, the Titanic struck an iceberg in the North Atlantic Ocean and sank in the early hours of 15 April. The collision caused the ship's hull plates to buckle inwards along her starboard (right) side and opened five of her sixteen watertight compartments to the sea.
- Insufficient Lifeboats and Loss of Life: Tragically, the Titanic carried only enough lifeboats for about half of the people on board. Over 1,500 passengers and crew perished in the disaster, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history.
- Aftermath and Legacy: The sinking of the Titanic had a profound impact on maritime regulations, leading to changes in safety practices, lifeboat requirements, and ice patrol procedures. The disaster also led to the establishing of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) in 1914.
- Rediscovery: The wreck of the Titanic was discovered in 1985 by a team led by Robert Ballard. The site, lying about 2.5 miles below the surface, has since been explored numerous times, yielding valuable historical and cultural insights.
The Titanic remains a subject of great public and scholarly interest, symbolizing human ambition and nature's humbling power. The story of the Titanic is often remembered for its elements of hubris, tragedy, and heroism.
What's Included: -
- Unassembled Model Kit
- 8x Acrylic Paints (54, 61, 70, 113, 130, 163, 165, 186)
- 2x Brushes
- 2x Poly Cement
- Please Note: This multi-coloured kit provides a precise, realistic reproduction without painting large areas. The paints provided allow you to create the details and finishing touches to enhance your completed model.
Model Kit Specification: -
- Scale: 1:400
- Skill: 4
- Flying Hours: 4
- Number of Parts: 381
- Length: 670 mm
- Width: 180 mm
Packaging Dimensions: -
- Length: 70 cm, Height: 29 cm, Width: 8 cm
Safety Information: -
- WARNING. Not suitable for children under 8 years.
- For use under adult supervision.
New Products in Civilian Vessels Civilian Vessels: Boats & Ships Model Kits
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Delivery Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
PLEASE NOTE: Cut Off Time for Next Day Delivery is 1pm any order placed after this time will be shipped the following day.
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.