Spilanthes oleracea, a flowering herb in the plant family Asteracaea is also known as toothache plant or paracress. More interestingly its other name is the peek-a-boo plant because the flowers are round yellow balls with a red ‘eye’ on top.
Spilanthes has attractive bronzy, dark green leaves which are not only edible but have also been used in traditional medicine for many centuries.
It is native to the tropics of Brazil but can be grown in various parts of the world – including Switzerland where A.Vogel cultivates this plant for use in our Spilanthes tincture.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Traditionally Spilanthes has also been used externally.
WWSM Says: -
Ingredients: Tincture of organically grown Paracress(Spilanthes oleracea) dried plant and leaves, extracted in alcohol (67%V/V)
- Adults: 20 drops twice daily, in a little water
- Children: This product is not recommended for children.
Health Warnings: -
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Traditionally Spilanthes has also been used externally.
- Do not exceed stated recommendeddaily dose.
- Avoid during pregnancy or if breastfeeding.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
FREE DELIVERY is available with this product for any orders shipped to UK addresses. This is our standard delivery service for which we use Royal Mail Tracked 48. Royal Mail aim to deliver by the third working day after shipping.
Next Day Delivery Available
NEXT DAY DELIVERY on this product for UK is £5.99. We use the Royal Mail Tracked 24 Postal Service for orders placed, using the Next Day option at checkout. We ship orders Monday-Friday, so an order placed on one of these days should arrive the following day. Orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday would be shipped on the following Monday to arrive the next day (Excluding bank holidays).
For more details, refer to our Delivery Information page.